Friday, April 24, 2009

Ostrich Trio on the Move

"I'm forever in pursuit and don't even know what i'm chasing."
HAROLD ABRAHAMS in CHARIOTS OF FIRE


Ben Cross played the intense and driven Harold Abrahams in the 1981 classic British film, Chariots of Fire. Abrahams was the 100m Olympic sprint champion in 1924.

The first time I heard these words at the age of 14, I jumped up from a lounging position in front of the roaring log fire and scribbled them down. I remember whispering the sentence to myself over and over again, so I wouldn't forget it. I couldn't find a pen amidst all my father's paperwork!

The quote encompassed exactly what I felt back then and continued to feel for another 20 + years.

Eventually I twigged, through my yoga practice, what it was that I was chasing. I was surprised to find that the source was much closer than I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment