Monday, April 13, 2009

Treehouse



"I actually began my faith whilst sitting up a tree as a sixteen year old. It is the wonderful thing about God; He is always there, wherever you are. That's what best friends are for. If you asked me did He help me up there, then the answer would be yes. In the words of John Wesley when asked by some cynic whether God was his crutch, he gently replied, 'No, my God is my backbone.' He was right."

BEAR GRYLLS
in FACING UP

In 1998 Bear Grylls became the youngest britain to climb Everest.

It was memorable to see him speak at the Royal Geographical Society. At the end of his talk he sat on the steps at the front of the stage and read from his book. He was very relaxed and confident, despite his young age. It was as if he was reading to a couple of friends in his back room.

No comments:

Post a Comment